In honor of the Islamic lunar month of Shaban, traditionally touted as the month of the Prophet (peace be upon him), I am sharing some really sweet notes on the development of the Prophet Muhammad as a baby. These notes are from a class I attended about six months ago with Ustadha Eiman Sidky. I wish I could find the book from which she took these pearls, but alas, my notes are lacking the text. If anyone knows, please leave it in the comments, so I can add it! They detail his development from turning over to talking, and as always he was exemplary and above the curve. I love thinking of his blessed babyhood, and how he was as an infant. Enjoy!
- At two months of age he was rolling over already.
- By four months he was cruising, as in cruising along tables, and other furniture to move from one place to another.
- He was walking at five months. Can you imagine!?
- At nine months he was speaking Fus'ha, the elegant and elevated form of Classical Arabic. It is the form that the Qur'an was revealed in.
- At ten months, he was able to accurately shoot a bow and arrow, a sign of his piercing intelligence and unwavering focus. May Allah bless him!!
- And always, before he touched anything, even as an infant, he would utter a 'Bismillah"